Live from the WAN-IFRA Study Tour
By Nancy Lane, President, Local Media Association
From a fascinating presentation - Artur Kobryn, Managing Partner & Head of International, MediaCom International
MediaCom is a global agency with offices all over the world. They are number one in Germany and the U.K. and number three in the world. WPP is the parent company. Clients include: P&G, Universal Studios, Ikea, Bayer and many others. Kobryn addressed the changing media landscape:
- Media fragmentation is not new and in fact, digitalization is increasing media consumption.
- His advice to the industry, "stop talking about digital media - it is simply media". He reminded us that no one says "color TV" anymore.
- The tablet is "the next best thing" -plan accordingly. "The world has turned into a screen." Print will stay relevant but will be adapted to tablets in the future.
- According to Kobryn, free is the wrong model online. "Why give valuable content for free?"
- Core challenge today is to create relevance for their clients. Advertisers are not interested in click through rates.