The World Health Organization has declared COVID-19 a worldwide pandemic. Because of its capacity to transmit from person-to-person through respiratory droplets and other means, federal, state, and local governments have set recommendations, guidelines, and some prohibitions to which Local Media Association adheres and with which it complies.
For LMA Fest 2022, August 16-18 at the Gleacher Center in Chicago, LMA requires all attendees to adhere to this policy:
- You must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 (received at least the primary series of approved vaccines as defined by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control here. LMA will require verification of full vaccination either in advance (via this online form), or by presenting a vaccination card on-site, at check-in for the event.
- Registered attendees who cannot or will not provide verification of full vaccination status will not be permitted to attend LMA Fest 2022 events. If you have paid for registration and cannot or will not attend as a result of this policy, you will be eligible for a refund of your registration fees (contact Lindsey Estes at email@example.com for details); however, LMA is not responsible for any other costs incurred.
- You must not have experienced symptoms of fever, fatigue, difficulty in breathing, or dry cough, nor exhibited any other symptoms characteristic of COVID-19, within the 10 days immediately prior to attending.
- You must not, to the best of your knowledge, have been exposed to anyone who tested positive for COVID-19 at the time of exposure, and/or was exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 at the time of exposure, within the 10 days immediately prior to attending.
- Subject to change based on local regulations, as of now, masks will not be required in LMA Fest meeting rooms or common areas, but remain recommended for indoor gatherings in Chicago by the U.S. CDC (check for up-to-date recommendations here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/your-health/covid-by-county.html).
Please note: Offsite events related to LMA Fest, such as the August 16 opening reception, may have different COVID-19 safety requirements for attendees, including presenting proof of vaccination on-site even if you have already submitted an online verification form to LMA.