Friends of Local Media Association and Local Media Foundation,
We are excited to introduce a new website experience we hope will be faster, easier to use and read, and a better overall resource for local media.
Before we get into details about the changes, we want to invite you to let us know what you think of the new site. We will use your feedback to fix problems and make improvements.
Highlights of the changes
- The new design is mobile-first and fully responsive, intended to work well on smartphones, tablets, laptops and desktop displays.
- We produce more industry news and information, more often than ever. So we intend the new site to appear “newsier,” And we intend to make it easy for you to find relevant content, including providing related links and an outline of content categories in each article.
- We recategorized all site content, current and older, to make relevant content easier to find and to address the changes in strategic focus for LMA/LMF. Navigation menu links generally correspond to these same categories. In particular, you will notice we now emphasize our four strategic pillars and content related to each.
- Site typography was selected and formatted for easy reading and pleasant appearance.
- Everyone on the LMA/LMF team contributed in significant ways to this effort, but we especially want to acknowledge the core website redesign team: Emilie Lutostanski, Lindsey Estes, Penny Riordan and Andrew Ramsammy. In addition to providing lots of great ideas for the new site, this group spent a lot of time cleaning up content, categories and navigation on the preceding site before we could even think of moving over.
Stay tuned, too, because we have more improvements coming in our web and email efforts. And thank you for supporting LMA, LMF and our efforts to reinvent business models for news.
— Jay Small, LMA chief operating officer