Charged with leading digital strategy for products, content and revenue at your company? This networking environment is designed with you in mind
Why an LMA Digital Club?
Media executives charged with growing digital enterprises benefit from a peer network to share, learn, evaluate and discuss the various aspects of their job. This includes new B2B and B2C revenue opportunities, products, business and sales transformation, operational issues, content, vetting R&D partners and emerging trends and challenges.
One of the main differentiators of LMA Digital Club is the mix of media companies that are represented. Newspaper, TV, radio and digital pure-play executives all can network and share in a way that doesn’t exist anywhere else.
How it works:
- All members of LMADC (official, paid members and their designated alternates) are invited to at least two web meetings, each with its own set of topics, every month. We typically rotate topics for the calls among four broad strategic categories:
- Media sales/revenue strategies for advertising and marketing services, including sales development and transformation.
- Local media digital products and services, including flagship local news sites as well as other product development and management strategies.
- Consumer revenue opportunities (such as digital subscriptions and contribution models), engagement strategies and marketing.
- Content leadership strategies in digital platforms and services.
- We encourage all members and alternates to attend all calls, but we understand conflicts arise. So we record each call exclusively for the use of members or alternates who cannot attend, on request.
- The meetings are “Vegas rules”: we do not share sensitive or confidential information we hear on the calls with non-members, unless otherwise agreed during the conversation. The recordings are not shared with non-members or the public.
- Members also have access to a group email address and Slack workspace to trade ideas with other members or ask for advice from peers between the calls.
- Penny Riordan, LMA director of business strategy and partnerships, develops agendas for the calls and facilitates the conversations. Jay Small, LMA chief operating officer, assists with club logistics (schedules, membership lists, Slack workspaces etc.)
Requirements to join LMA Digital Club:
- Your company must operate local media properties: newspapers, TV stations, radio stations, digital-only local sites, directories, or any other bona fide local media entity. Sorry, but we cannot accept media industry service providers/R&D partners into Digital Club.
- You are charged with growing digital products, engagement and/or revenue at your company. We have a wide mix of titles, but this is meant primarily for senior-level executives. A mix of strategic and tactical expertise is required.
- You must submit an application to join.
- You must commit to attend, or have your alternate attend, as many LMADC meetings as possible. We work hard to ensure meeting schedules accommodate members’ busy schedules.
Cost to join:
- $139/month, recurring charge on a credit card.