Funds raised through fiscal sponsorship can be used for certain types of events. Please see the following guidelines below:
- Events must be town halls/open forums/community convening events or focused on highlighting your journalism efforts.
- Events must be free and open to the public.
- Events cannot be fundraising events or political in nature
- Example events include:
- Peace + Justice in PA – “Our event series and will examine Pennsylvania’s current state of affairs around diversity, equity and inclusion. In particular, we’ll provide a look at efforts to counter extremism and hate groups in our state and how to support the people and organizations that are leading the response.”
- The Columbian Conversations – “The Columbian Community Funded Journalism Project has uncovered the stories of how housing and homelessness impacts our fellow citizens of all ages and backgrounds. Join us for a conversation with our reporters, editors and people featured in our stories. Hear, first hand, from the people who are behind the headlines.”
- Items that can be covered:
- Rental fees, A/V, light refreshments
- Items that cannot be covered include:
- Marketing costs
- Hiring an event coordinator
- Items that are sponsorable or commercial in nature