FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Nancy Lane, Chief Executive Officer, Local Media Association
Local Media Association, Local Media Foundation announce new board appointments
Seven new directors join LMA board; two new directors for LMF
(January 10, 2020) — Local Media Association announced the appointment of seven new directors to its board, while Local Media Foundation announced two new board director appointments. All new appointments take effect immediately.
New LMA and LMF board members come from a diverse range of local media interests, including newspaper groups, public and for-profit broadcasters, local media digital operations, and publications for underserved communities.
“Our incoming directors truly represent the best of the local media ecosystem,” said Nancy Lane, chief executive officer, Local Media Association, “They are some of the biggest thinkers in our industry. We can’t wait to work with them as we focus on our mission to reinvent business models for news. We’re also thrilled to report that we met all of our board KPIs one year early: 50% women and at least six underrepresented executives now make up the LMA/LMF boards. We encourage other industry organizations to make diversity a top priority.”
New Local Media Association board members
- Amber Aldrich, senior advertising director, The Seattle Times.
- P.J. Browning, president and publisher, The Post and Courier, Charleston, S.C.
- Mick Cohen, senior vice president, consumer sales, Hearst Newspapers.
- Todd Handy, chief digital officer, Beasley Media Group.
- Sonny Messiah Jiles, chief executive officer, Defender Media Group
- Jake Volcsko, vice president of data and digital operations, Connecticut Public
- Janis Ware, publisher, The Atlanta Voice
The LMA board officers for 2020 will be:
- Chair: Robert Brown, president and chief operating officer, Swift Communications
- First Vice Chair: Tom Sly, vice president of digital revenue, The E.W. Scripps Co.
- Second Vice Chair: Catherine Badalamente, senior vice president and chief innovation officer, Graham Media Group
- Treasurer: Lisa Bishop, chief digital officer, Heartland Media, LLC
- Secretary: Jason Jedlinski, senior vice president and head of consumer products, USA TODAY NETWORK
- Immediate Past Chair: Mark Poss, chief executive officer, Big Fish Works
New Local Media Foundation board members
- Mariah Craddick, Product Manager, McClatchy
- Jason Murray, Director of Audience and Visuals, syracuse.com
The LMF board officers for 2020 will be:
- Chair: Liz White, executive vice president and publisher, Record-Journal
- First Vice Chair: Gordon Borrell, chief executive officer, Borrell Associates
- Treasurer: Robert Brown, president and chief operating officer, Swift Communications
- Secretary: Chris Weatherly, director of digital sales and products, WRAL
- Immediate Past Chair: Christian Hendricks, president, Local Media Consortium
About Local Media Association/Local Media Foundation
Local Media Association (https://www.localmedia.org/) is a thriving and innovative organization that serves more than 3,000 newspapers, TV stations, digital news sites, radio stations and research & development partners. LMA is the only industry trade organization that brings all local media together for the purpose of sharing, networking, collaborating and learning. The association’s focus is on future business models and maximizing opportunities on the digital side of the business. This is accomplished via cutting-edge programs including its business model accelerator, Accelerate Local, as well as conferences, webinars, research, training, innovation missions, chief digital clubs and more. The Local Media Foundation is a 501(c)(3) charitable trust that supports the mission of LMA and the essential role of local news and information in a healthy democracy.